The Missoula Art Museum recognizes the importance of making art, however you can. While the popular Saturday Family Workshops cannot be held during the pandemic, we are offering art-making worksheets for children of all ages. Each worksheet is based on a current or recent exhibition at MAM. They can be completed using materials found at home like scrap paper, pencils, pens, and found objects. Stop by MAM to see some of these artworks in person if you can! Remember, MAM is always free!Click the links below to download each worksheet!
- Write a love letter to a work of art
- Make a collage of your favorite things
- Make a family portrait with silhouettes
- Create a snapshot of caring and loving in your family
- Make a portrait of your favorite animal
- Construct a random, abstract sculpture
- Use all of your senses to make an abstract natural "timescape"
- Make a grayscale portrait of an important woman in your life
- Make a constellation map using negative and positive space
- Construct a moving sculpture out of found objects
- Create an abstract, 3-D painting
- Re-assemble a found object to make a new sculpture
- Make an environmental landscape
- Create a large-scale abstract self-portrait